July 21 – 25, 2014
Raz-Ma-Tazz Summer Children’s Music Camp is an exciting adventure in music. We use singing, movement, handbell/chime ringing, and music enrichment to teach children entering 1st through 8th grade about music. During a week-long camp, professional musicians teach the basic and more advanced techniques of reading, singing, and playing music, as well as rhythm and movement. We use a variety of musical styles, featuring a non-religious arts curriculum. So, whether it’s music from around the world, or a stroll down Broadway, Raz-Ma-Tazz emphasizes the joy of music and learning. Register here —>
Monday through Thursday: 9 am-12:30 pm
Friday: 9 am – 1:30 pm
On Friday students are asked to bring a lunch and stay for a dress rehearsal.
Friday evening performance, July 20th @7 pm
Expectations and Guidelines
The goal of Raz-Ma-Tazz is to provide a fun and positive learning atmosphere for all participants. To this end, and to eliminate confusion, we feel it is important to clarify our expectations in advance. Raz-Ma-Tazz participation is a privilege for those accepted. We expect that each student will be responsible for following five basic guidelines during the week:
- Be prepared to learn by arriving on time and attending each day. If you must miss a day due to illness, please call the church office to inform the staff – (949-831-8820, ext. 202)
- Treat peers and adults with respect.
- Be an attentive listener and participate in each activity.
- Use appropriate language and demonstrate proper behavior.
- Treat all church property and the property of others with respect.
Grouping of participants is done by the staff with careful consideration of age, grade, and level of music/dance experience. Therefore, it is not always possible to place friends in the same group. Please support decisions made by the staff. We will encourage students to meet new friends.